Wednesday, July 11, 2007

.:.we have this place surrounded.:.

*mood: joyous*

well, it's official...i landed sunday morning around 10:30...seattle/kirkland feels like home...like it's already mine...the boxer rebellion, whose loveliness in stuck in my head, say it best: we have this place surrounded.

infinite thanks and love go out to all those who sought to make my transition here a little less painful, a little smoother: allison (even oceans cannot separate the french amis, no?), adie (always talking me through to the next step, girl--with coffee too!), brian (you need to come out here on tmobile's dime--and bring stadel), cina (you have inspired me so much with your great big fearless heart), erin b. (the northwest misses you...i miss you...come out!), my parents, my grandparents, my brother &sis in law &niece trinity (you guys are my heart!! loveyou!), my aunt and uncle here in kirkland, and also the friends i've not yet met in person, but who have generously included me in their lives--jeanette (pirate martinis??), lezlie, and geoff--can't wait, guys!

being out of one's comfort zone is prickly and unsettling...but essential for growth, no? ...i know i was led here to do things, to meet people, to learn how to love those who need it most...i was reading sabrina ward harrison's "messy thrilling life" (which, if you've never read her work, is both moving and visually stunning/mesmerizing...find some, now!)...and she has a quote from joseph campbell, which is my new favorite quote:

"we must be willing to get rid of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

wow.

i take great comfort in the fact that i am but a tiny piece of a much larger picture, a picture that does not end or begin with me, is not even about me...but i am here to love...and learn...and live.

which, really, is what i wish for you all.

much love,
.:.coco.:.

1 comment:

michael said...

Hey everyone. This is my big/little sister's blog. Anyone attempting to hit on her, talk smack about her, or anything that's just not peachy. I'm coming to find you and personally see to it that you become a modern-day eunich serving the queen of etheopia handing out rice with the Unicef workers. Just thought I'd leave a nice note. Ciao.

Kelly's brother....Michael